Dress Code - Sixth Form
The dress code for all Sixth Form students is based on smart business wear. Sixth Form students are very important role models for our younger students and it is an expectation that all students are smartly dressed. If a student’s appearance is not acceptable following advice from the Tutor or Head of Year, he/she will be required to go home to change if they have not conformed the following day.
- A tailored jacket with a choice of trousers, skirt or dress. The fabric should not include tight/stretchy material, denim, corduroy or leather. Skirt/dress length should be just above the knee or longer.
- A smart shirt or top of any colour.
- No strappy tops or those that show midriff or cleavage.
- Appropriate smart shoes. (Shoes with excessively high heels, trainers, canvas shoes, flip flops, beach sandals, Doc Marten boots or Ugg-style boots are not appropriate and should not be worn). In colder weather a smart cardigan or jumper worn under the jacket is optional.
- No hoodies, either under or over suit jackets.
- Subtle make-up and a small amount of jewellery will be permitted. No facial piercings or tattoos should be visible. Hair should show no extremes of style/fashion; if dyed, it should reflect a natural colour.
- A suit i.e. a tailored jacket with trousers. The fabric and colour of both items should be the same, and not include leather, denim, corduroy or tight / stretchy material.
- A smart shirt and tie of any colour.
- Smart shoes (no trainers, sandals, canvas shoes, flip flops, Doc Marten boots).
- In colder weather a smart cardigan, jumper or waistcoat worn under the jacket is optional.
- No hoodies, either over or under jackets
- Jewellery should be discreet and hair should show no extremes of styles/fashions; if dyed, it should reflect a natural colour. No facial piercings or tattoos should be visible.
The Headteacher reserves the right to make a decision about the suitability of a student’s dress. Students may be internally isolated or sent home if their dress is considered unsuitable.